We are a company with ambitious growth plans, currently seeking to expand our team with an experienced Head of Process Engineering – DNA Synthesis (m/f/d) responsible for all operational procedures from receiving supplies to product distribution to our customers. Our DNA synthesis platform is a uniquely designed automated system with capabilities of assembling DNA molecules and we seek to fill this position to transition to a commercial stage. This role will crucially contribute to Ribbon Biolabs’ commercial success.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Effectively implement processes and procedures to enable a high-quality production, packaging and distribution service of our DNA products
- Design scheduling and plans for ramping-up the production based on our existing automated DNA assembly systems
- Manage and supervise production personnel in coordination with internal teams, suppliers and customers to ensure integrity and efficiency of production operations
- Spearhead development and implementation of innovative manufacturing processes and schedules to ensure sustainable efficiency and success of production activities
- Develop, activate and track high quality standards and associated KPIs for successful production operations, including manufacturing, supply chain, and distribution
- Liaise with the Head of QM throughout implementation of production processes to ensure alignment with quality procedures and standards
- Liaise with the Head of QM to design and implement up and downstream processes required for the seamless and reliable production of DNA
- Jointly with the Facility Manager ensure functioning production site operations, including infrastructure and CapEx maintenance, repairs, supply chain and logistics
- Take ownership in manufacturing policies, guidelines and associated documentation
- Lead operational excellence for production in Vienna, in line with strategic goals, organisational culture and values towards commercial success milestones
- Manage budgets and cost optimization activities in alignment with the Management
- Manage and ensure Health & Safety at the production site workplace
- Report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
This will make you a perfect fit for our team:
- Successfully completed studies with economic-technical focus, e.g., in industrial – or mechanical engineering, business administration or similar.
- Proven management experience and background in managing integrated, automated production facilities, ideally in a biotech, pharma, or chemical environment
- Strong communication skills combined with leadership and conflict management skills
- Independent, reliable, conscientious, and solution-oriented working style
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Creativity and the ability to develop a flexible approach to dynamic conditions
- Ability to work efficiently with an interdisciplinary team
- Full fluency in written and spoken English
You impress us even more if you have:
- Expertise in translating business processes into technical workflows requirements
- Track record of responsibility in Supply Chain and S&OP process planning
- Business fluency in written and spoken German
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian Law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the growing synthetic biology market
- Professional development support, trainings, workshops, conference attendance
- Flexible working hours and partly remote working possibilities
- Highly motivated team, including team activities
- International and friendly atmosphere
- Relocation support if necessary
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 63.500, – to EUR 65.000, – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in our HQ, 1110 Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.