About the job
At Peptobiotics we are building a new biotechnology product to replace the billions of dollars of antibiotics currently used in agriculture - enabling a productive, sustainable food system free from disease, and helping prevent the superbug crisis. We take an economic viability-first philosophy to synthetic biology product development. Our strain and bioprocess teams work together designing our product+production around straightforward scale-up and efficient unit economics. In just 2 years with only seed funding we have prototyped, achieved multiple successful animal trials and shipped to first customers. We are now seeking a bioprocess engineer to join our Singapore team to supercharge our small scale optimisation and assist in process transfer to CMO partners throughout Asia.
- Operation of bioreactor systems for submerged fermentation, downstream processing and sample analysis.
- Drive process optimisation by overseeing rigorous data collection, recording, and analysis. Implement DoE and utilize reactor modelling software to accelerate yield improvements and scale up.
- Preparation of SOPs for fermentation and downstream processing.
- Tech transfer of strains and bioprocesses to contract manufacturers.
- Work with other team members to align molecular, bioproduction and veterinary research.
- Training and mentorship of junior team members.
- Work with our team in India and partners in China for process transfer.
- Extensive experience with benchtop microbial or fungal bioreactor systems.
- Experience with yeast secreted protein production optimization preferred.
- Bachelors 3+ years work experience / Masters 2+ years work experience / PhD. More experience candidates are welcome.
- Ideally has some experience or familiarity with industrial scale fermentation.
- Familiarity with downstream processing and analytical methods.
- Demonstrated tech transfer / scale up experience.
- Good communicator that enjoys working with and supporting others.
- Driven and takes initiative.
- Chinese language fluency preferred - we use a lot of technology from China and this role will involve working closely with Chinese CMOs for scale up.
- Interested in entrepreneurship, biomanufacturing, synthetic biology, sustainability/agriculture, aquaculture, technology commercialisation and science with real world impact.
Please email CV or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "BIOPROCESS SCIENTIST".