Ganymede is building AWS for the sciences, with a mission of improving the world through better healthcare outcomes. We believe that the highest leverage approach to speed up science is through better software and data connectivity.
As a client solutions engineer (CSE), you'll work directly with scientists and engineers to understand their most important problems and automate them away using Ganymede’s platform. You’ll be the tip of the spear of our efforts to accelerate science, and will have a highly independent and varied role in owning the implementation and success of Ganymede. You will apply your problem-solving, creativity, and technical skills to derive and implement solutions to drive real-world impact.
CSEs are effectively CTOs for clients’ Ganymede builds; you’ll have substantial autonomy to execute projects end-to-end. Ganymede forms the core data backbone of labs and scientific manufacturing, so you’ll wear many hats:
- Client Owner: Own implementation by working with client executives and users to define and prioritize problems, building a deep understanding of their lab instruments and scientific analysis, and then setting up Ganymede’s platform pipelines to automate these details. You’ll be the expert on your clients’ scientific data, processes, and operations.
- Software Engineer: Collaborate with fellow engineers to define the architecture needed for the Ganymede core platform, integrate our web backend and infra into client systems, and develop applications to interact with biotech lab instrument hardware.
- Culture Carrier: Be a key determinant of our culture, and will help us grow and set norms for the business as we scale.
- Improving lives through better medicine: we’re intensely mission-focused, and are building a highly scalable business to make an impact on society.
- Kindness: we come from a future where all human beings are treated with dignity, inclusivity, and active empathy, so we apply that to ourselves first in how we hire and treat each other.
- Transparency: we are one team, and hold that openness is foundational to ensuring fairness, and that our actions tie to our shared mission.
- Accountability: we believe that trust is the basis for building anything substantial, and stems from our being accountable to ourselves and each other
What we look for:
- Excellent collaboration skills in both written and verbal forms, as well as via clear, cleanly written code
- Strong engineering background, preferably in computer science, physics, or engineering discipline
- Willingness and desire to travel to client sites in the Bay Area or on the East coast, depending on geographical location; ability to travel up to 25% time preferred.
- Hungry, curiosity, and motivation to learn about and solve data problems for clients with the rest of the Ganymede team
- Desire to improve software infrastructure for scientists advancing the health and welfare of people
Pluses (but not required by any means!):
- Familiarity with scientific instrumentation, lab automation, or robotics in a software context
- Background in hardware automation, firmware development, or low-level systems design
- Experience developing software running on cloud infrastructure
- Fluency with implementing numerical methods in a non-academic setting
- Remote-first role and culture, with periodic reimbursed travel for the team to meet together
- Significant equity as an early employee
- Unlimited PTO & sick days
- Excellent health benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision), life, and disability insurance
- Family leave (Maternity, Paternity, Medical, Caregiver)