Who We Are:
Antheia is a science and technology company developing next generation plant-inspired medicines. Applying synthetic biology, genomics, bioinformatics, data science, and fermentation, we harness the most beneficial molecules from plants to create active pharmaceutical ingredients in more controlled and economical ways. We are a close-knit team inspired by the possibilities of delivering transformative technologies and breakthrough science to change the course of medicine. We value our people as our most important resource and are always looking for talented individuals who can make valuable contributions to our efforts.
We are looking for a motivated Financial Analyst to join our expanding FP&A team in Menlo Park, CA. Reporting to our Manager of Strategy and Finance, you will take charge of developing corporate financial modeling, forecasting, reviewing quotes/POs, and budget tracking. A successful candidate will be a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment, possessing exceptional modeling and quantitative skills.
- Oversee the annual budgeting and quarterly BvA process for product-based manufacturing and operations.
- Take on the responsibility of delivering accurate and timely month-end variance and management reporting, which includes department expense variances and other cost of goods sold.
- Continuously enhance reporting packages to effectively convey pertinent information.
- Forecast and evaluate inventory, covering absorption and rework.
- Contribute to cross-functional strategic planning activities and modeling, including long-range forecasting.
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including reviewing and approving requisitions to establish purchase orders, ensuring the integrity of GL codes, and conducting due diligence on commercial sales quotes.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to create and maintain detailed financial models.
- Analyze financial data and metrics and present insights to the Finance team promptly.
- Create financial reports, presentations, and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders, ensuring transparency and accuracy.
- Identify and implement process improvements to boost the efficiency of financial operations.
- Proactively design and implement robust control processes for high-impact items in the financial close process, as necessary.
- Participate in monthly and quarter-end close activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Business Administration)
- 0-3 years’ operation experience in FP&A, Finance, banking or management consulting, or equivalent quantitative roles
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel modeling and in preparing complex financial models
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A highly detail-oriented and organized approach is highly regarded
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, revenue recognition
- Understanding and ability apply knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-oriented and multitasking, fast-paced environment is a valuable trait
Nice to haves (but not required):
- MBA is a plus
- CFA/CPA is a plus
- Prior financial experience in the life sciences sector
- Experience with boutique investment and/or consulting firms with an emphasis in life sciences
Full-time base salary range of $70,000-85,000 plus an annual bonus potential and equity opportunities.
Antheia’s compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, which includes annual bonus potential and equity opportunities
- Paid time off, in addition to company-observed holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free access to the Menlo Park Labs Gym
- Menlo Park Labs free shuttle service to CalTrain, BART Station, and SF
Antheia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Antheia prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.