What you will do
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works towards the development of novel multi-cellular pre-clinical models and organ-on-chip platforms.
Your responsibilities are:
- Develop assays for interfacing with cells and tissues using silicon chips and microfluidic channels.
- Develop protocols for cell culturing in microfluidic devices.
- Characterize multi-cellular organ on chip systems using conventional and on-chip methods.
- Analyse and interpret complex data sets.
- Report and present results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to imec’s Life Sciences roadmap by giving input as technical expert.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Biophysics, Biomedical engineering, or other related discipline.
- You have hands-on experience with characterizing and building multi-cellular microfluidic devices.
- You have hands-on experience with customized instrumentation for characterization of cells, tissues or other biological samples for organ-on-chip applications (e.g. microscopy, electronic recording systems, microfluidic systems).
- You have experience with microfabrication technology, soft lithography/3-D printing and/or other rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting complex datasets and one or more relevant software tools such as Matlab, R, ImageJ, Python, or other equivalent packages is a plus.
- Experience in microelectrode array measurements is a plus.
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You can guide and motivate team members in their work.
- You are creative and like to think with the team to solve problems.
- You are result-driven and can meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment.
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec an impeccable knowledge of English is mandatory.