Remote, US or Europe based
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS Regular
YOUR JOB TYPE IS Full Time
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) you will work together with case and proposal teams to help BCG’s clients build Deep tech Innovation efforts. You’ll provide expertise on Deep Tech and Technology Multidisciplinary Innovation and more technical expertise like assessment and strategy for Synthetic Biology.
Deep tech is a priority topic within the Technology Advantage Practice, which is at the heart of the strategic impact we have with our clients. We believe that deep tech is triggering a third wave of innovation, moving from discovery to design, organized around a new ecosystem, interconnecting industries, investors, startups but also universities, scientists, and public organizations. The deep tech team aims at helping our clients transform their technology and innovation functions by enhancing deep tech capabilities; we aim to foster and activate the deep tech entire ecosystem in order to identify and launch new ventures that will address and disrupt major societal challenges through technology breakthroughs. Our consultants and experts will work globally across all industries and provide deep business and expertise in the field of deep tech innovation.
As a Deep Tech team member you will serve as a thought partner and content expert to case teams and senior topic leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues. Some weeks you’ll help many different case teams work through their client’s technology challenges, other weeks you’ll go deeper at a single client, including working directly with client counterparts.
Example questions you’ll be expected to provide expert insights and supporting BCG materials on include:
• Can you identify and assess use cases for a specific sector enabled by the combination of emerging technologies, including Synthetic Biology?
• What are the tensions in a product design that could be solved with the deep tech approach using one or more emerging technologies?
• When could we except a emerging technology to be mature enough for a certain use case?
Additionally, you will support the Deep Tech team in developing intellectual property and knowledge assets. You will work on commercialization efforts in conjunction with business leaders, supporting marketing efforts, conferences and publications. As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will assist with on-boarding, training and guiding junior colleagues and share best practices within the team.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
• Solving client’s innovation and strategy problems through applying deep tech expertise, research, and analytical approaches
• Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic, often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
• Codifying knowledge and maintaining assets and tools for different client contexts • Communicating with senior stakeholders, in a credible and confident way • Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
• Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
• Writing clearly and concisely
• 1-2+ years of consulting experience in relevant emerging technology or technological innovation;
• In lieu of consulting experience, 4+ years minimum post-graduate experience equired; 3-6+ years of academic or start-up experience strongly preferred • Familiarity with roles/process within deep tech ecosytem, as well as a broad understanding of emerging technologies and innovation; ability to go deeper on Syntethic Biology
• Masters Degree in Science or Engineering required (doctorate degree preferred) • Fluency in French and English
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
YOU’LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members are staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA’s business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
To apply, please contact Bobier.Jean-Francois@bcg.com