Ganymede is building AWS for the sciences, with a mission of improving the world through better healthcare outcomes. We believe that the highest leverage approach to speed up science is through better software and data connectivity.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll own our end-to-end user experience design and research at the tactical and strategic level.
- You will develop user journeys in close concert with scientists (at times in-person in their labs), ideate and prototype interfaces for improving engagement with lab instrumentation and data in our core product, and collaborate closely with software engineers to bring your designs to life.
- You’ll help us define our overall UX strategy, user personas, and help drive our investment in building out a UX organization as we grow
- You’ll also help us with our marketing content, design, and research in the early days, building an understanding of users at the sales and marketing stage, not just at the implementation and product usage stage
- You'll also be a key determinant of our culture, and will help us grow and set norms for the business as we scale
- Improving lives through better medicine: we’re intensely mission-focused, and are building a highly scalable business to make an impact on society.
- Kindness: we come from a future where all human beings are treated with dignity, inclusivity, and active empathy, so we apply that to ourselves first in how we hire and treat each other.
- Transparency: we are one team, and hold that openness is foundational to ensuring fairness, and that our actions tie to our shared mission.
- Accountability: we believe that trust is the basis for building anything substantial, and stems from our being accountable to ourselves and each other.
What we look for:
- 3+ years of product design and UX research experience in a product whose users can code (e.g. software engineers or data scientists)
- Demonstrated ability to manage UX development end-to-end, from initial research, concept exploration, persona development, interaction flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, testing, and post-launch feedback
- Fluency with mockup tools such as Figma or Sketch, with portfolio of work demonstrating UX/UI capabilities
- Great collaboration and communication skills
Pluses (but not required by any means!):
- Background doing front-end web development in HTML/CSS with React or associated frameworks
- Experience working in a lab environment, or working with scientists/analysts as users
- Familiarity with Developer Experience (DevEx) best practices and Release Engineering (RelEng)/Developer Operations (DevOps) generally
- Remote-first role and culture, with periodic reimbursed travel for the team to meet together
- Significant equity as an early employee
- Unlimited PTO & sick days
- Excellent health benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision), life, and disability insurance
- Family leave (Maternity, Paternity, Medical, Caregiver)
Apply for this job