Conagen Inc. is a leader in the area of bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce molecules that are essential to our well-being. Scientists and Engineers at Conagen use the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways, improve production organisms, optimize production procedures, and ensure the quality as well as safety of the final products. We focus on the bio-manufacturing of high-value ingredients for food, nutrition, pharmaceutical, and renewable material industries. Science and Innovation are the driving forces of our Mission.
Job Description Overview:
We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist to support projects related to strain engineering of conventional and non-conventional microbial hosts. The candidate is expected to develop bioanalytical LC/MS methods for quantitation of various types of biomolecules, particularly proteins, peptides, and lipids. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Method development and data analysis for “Omics” projects with chromatographic and mass spectrometry methods
- Mass spectrometry modalities including intact mass analysis, peptide mapping and glycosylation characterization
- Develop/optimize/perform analytical methods for supporting small molecule product development using GC/HPLC/LCMS
- Communicate effectively with scientists, project managers, and colleagues serving in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain laboratory and ensure equipment is in good working order
- Deliver high-quality results in a timely manner
- Communicate results with collaborators and prepare clear reports
- Assist in compiling SOPs and other technical documentation.
- Keep lab notebook accurate and up-to-date
- Contribute and adhere to all safety standards and practices.
- A PhD degree with 3+ years industry experience or a MSc. with 5+ years of industry experience in Analytical Chemistry and Mass spectrometry, and other related analytical methods.
- 2+ years of experience with protein analysis and characterization by HPLC and LCMS
- Ability to work successfully independently and in teams to meet project goals and timelines.
- Basic knowledge in sample tracking and data tracking
- An enthusiastic learner and a willingness to learn and operate various analytical equipment as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team as needed.
- Hands on experience with Thermo Vanquish and Thermo QE systems a plus
- Experience with Chromeleon and Xcalibur software a plus
- Prior experience with method validation
- Ability to develop and implement methods for high throughput or automated data analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.