The convergence of laboratory automation, high-throughput assays, and machine learning is moving the medium of biological discovery to silicon. At LatchBio, our mission is to foster this revolution by creating a first-in-class platform that enables biologists to leverage the explosion of data that increases by orders of magnitude every year.
About the role
Currently, biotechs waste huge sums of resources building data warehouses, analytical tools, and bioinformatic pipelines -- effectively reinventing the wheel each time. At Latch Bio, we are building a platform which is a repository of well versioned no-code tools, managed computing infrastructure and collaborative data hub tailor made for biology research. Our core biocompute platform is built on top of AWS, with a stack that spans Kubernetes, Docker, Flyte, Python and React. As an engineer, you will join a team of polymathic talent who have eschewed derivative trading and ad optimization for the mission of accelerating fundamental science. A component of the role is to find the right tools to improve the platform as our stack evolves and we are open to new ideas and technologies to help us enhance the quality of our software.
- We are looking for a software engineer with knowledge of cloud infrastructure and software platforms to own the velocity, quality, and stability of our software products.
- We are building our core biocompute platform on top of AWS, with a stack that spans Kubernetes (GKE), Docker, Flyte, Python, and React.
- Our software helps biologists run their computational workfows and get answers to their experiments, we need you to help us build the infrastructure that makes this possible.
- Help build a culture of operational readiness by contributing to discussions and processes around code ownership, alerting, zero-downtime infrastructural upgrades, scalable integration testing.
This role might be a great fit if you ...
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Want to take on huge responsibility & lead the design of highly-impactful products.
- Interested in adopting and contributing back to open source projects.
- Have a demonstrated record of working on and leading impact-full projects.
Why join us at Latch Bio
- The opportunity to work on challenging, high impact Bio infrastructure that is immediately deployed to accelerate the discovery of new therapeutics.
- Strong technical coworkers in software and biology, who all have a powerful mix of intellectual curiosity and humility. The team reads and discusses 1-2 ML or biology papers every week to stay on top of the field and inspire new ideas.
- Competitive salary and equity. Medical, dental, and vision insurance.