Ganymede is building AWS for the sciences, with a mission of improving the world through better healthcare outcomes. We believe that the highest leverage approach to speed up science is through better software and data connectivity.
As a staff engineer and Ganymede's lead on all things data, you'll help us build push the boundaries of cloud infrastructure in our platform, architect our technical strategy, and leave your mark on the company, as well as the biotech industry and broader sciences. You'll wear many hats:
- Engineering work will be a mixture of data infrastructure and backend, at the bleeding edge of data dev tools.
- Rearchitect pipelines to create a snappier, more spreadsheet-like experience. Ganymede is built on top of managed Airflow instances and is doing deep surgery on it to make editing and deploying DAGs accessible in real-time to a broad set of end users.
- Implement to maintain our pace and provide careful strategic planning to avoid and reduce tech debt
- Ensure that our data is rock-solid and reliable to meet the stringent quality and compliance standards of biopharma and manufacturing.
- Be a key determinant of our culture, and will help us grow and set norms for the business as we scale
- Improving lives through better medicine: we’re intensely mission-focused, and are building a highly scalable business to make an impact on society.
- Kindness: we come from a future where all human beings are treated with dignity, inclusivity, and active empathy, so we apply that to ourselves first in how we hire and treat each other.
- Transparency: we are one team, and hold that openness is foundational to ensuring fairness, and that our actions tie to our shared mission.
- Accountability: we believe that trust is the basis for building anything substantial, and stems from our being accountable to ourselves and each other.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience working in a backend, infra, or full-stack role 2+ years specifically in a data engineering or data infra role
- Demonstrated staff-level leadership on projects or in a domain
- Successfully taking net-new projects from zero to one as the primary technical leader
- Ability to construct and sell a vision for projects across both engineering and commercial considerations
- Mentorship of juniors on these projects improve their technical and design contributions
- Experience interfacing with and leading cross-functional stakeholders such as product or design
- Excellent collaboration skills in both written and verbal forms, as well as via clear, cleanly written code
- Skill at developing and optimizing systems across the stack to create a secure, performant, and stable product
- Desire to improve software infrastructure for scientists advancing the health and welfare of people
Pluses (but not required by any means!):
- Familiarity with data, infrastructure, and product offerings of multiple cloud providers
- Experience in a lab or working with scientific instrumentation, lab automation, or robotics in a software context
- Contributions to open source packages
- Experience working within a quality, compliance, or GxP framework
- Highly competitive salary and equity as an early employee
- Remote-first role and culture, with periodic reimbursed travel for the team to meet together.
- Unlimited PTO & sick days
- Excellent health benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision), life, and disability insurance
- Family leave (Maternity, Paternity, Medical, Caregiver)